Register by Dec 18th for the lowest rate — and a mailed ‘eco meeting tool-kit’ package!
The Western Section of The Wildlife Society’s Annual Meeting attracts a diverse blend of over 600 wildlife professionals, managers, students, and academics who study and manage wildlife species, habitats, and issues related to their conservation. Attendees come from the Section (California, Nevada, Hawaii and Guam) and all over the United States.
Participants will engage, learn and connect as they watch concurrent technical session presentations spanning a broad spectrum of topics, learn about a wide variety of studies and projects through the poster session, enjoy a keynote address, engage in a plenary discussion, and take advantage of the opportunity to network with peers and experts via daily small-group discussions.
2021 VIRTUAL MEETING — Be There from Anywhere: Due to the Covid19 pandemic, we aren’t able to meet safely in person. However, this means it’s easier than ever to participate. With easy and flexible virtual access, no travel hassle, and lower costs, we hope to attract a record number of attendees and presenters. Join us for a safe, convenient, and stimulating Western Section Annual Meeting!
Annual Meeting Registration Fees
|Student/Early Career Professional/Retiree Members**||$81||$109|
All-Inclusive Registration Fee – No extra costs!
Registration Fee Includes:
- The 2021 Annual Meeting will be powered by the (award-winning) Whova Event Platform which works with Web and/or Mobile Apps on your computer and mobile devices.
- Whova Event Access Pass – Set your own personal agendas, communicate with attendees through the Community Boards, and access all programming links. (Please don’t share your Whova login with other people or access livestreams on multiple devices – we purchase Zoom licences that have a max number of participants!)
- Most talks will be recorded and available on demand for 6 months for of repeat viewing.
- Daily General Sessions — To discuss the BIG topics within our Section. With live panel discussions and audience Q & A. (Keynote, Plenary, Member Town Hall, Diversity Forum and more!)
- On demand viewing of all Scientific Contributed Paper Presentations (Oral and Poster.)
- Daily Scientific Contributed Paper moderated discussions with live Q&A.
- Daily Small Group Conservation Conversations — Ponder and discuss complicated conservation topics in small groups. (AKA Breakfast Roundtables)
- Virtual Exhibit Hall, Career Fair and more — with promotions, give-aways, coupons, and games!
- Wildlife Photo Slideshow.
- Silent Auction — Proceeds benefit students and early career professionals.
- Chapter Meetings, Comittee Meetings, Working Groups and Trainings.
- Evening Fireside Chats so you can connect with other attendees in small groups — including a Student-Professional Mixer, Birds of a Feather sessions, Chapter Meetings, a Trivia Quiz Bowl Game, and an amazing W.O.W. Film Screening.
- Student Judging Program — with cash awards for best posters and presentations.
- Student and Career Workshops (on Sunday, so students won’t miss their classes.)
- Mentor pairing opportunities. New!
- Virtual Field Trips.
- Connect with other attendees through networking games & virtual meet-ups with fabulous prizes and virtual swag! (Games & prizes for conference kids, too!)
- Tech Help Desk — open throughout the conference by phone, email or Whova app!
Option to add TWS-WS Logo Gear – by drop ship, price includes shipping cost:
— Meeting Logo T-shirt – $25
— Meeting Logo Hoodie – $45
— TWS-WS Logo Embroidered Beanie – $25
*A current TWS-WS membership is required to receive the discounted Member registration rate. We encourage you to join TWS-WS to receive the discounted rate. You may purchase or renew your membership directly through our meeting registration form.
** Students: Students must be current TWS-WS members and currently enrolled at a university or college or within 6 months of degree conferral. Students are strongly urged to contact their local Chapter for grant support with registration fees.
**Early Career Professionals: Early Career Professionals” are TWS-WS current members who have graduated within 3 years with a degree in a Wildlife-related field AND are employed less than full-time in a temporary/limited-term/seasonal position.
**Retirees: Retiree rate is for TWS-WS members, retired from full-time employment.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations will be allowed through December 18th, 2020 for a full refund minus a $25 cancellation fee. Please email email@example.com if you need to cancel your registration. After December 18th we will not be able to process cancellations for any reason, no matter how urgent. We thank you for understanding. Note, that at any time we are able to transfer a registration to a different name and email address for no extra charge.